The Office of Ethics & Professional Standards & Conscious Conflict Resolution (EPS) has developed the Ten rights of a kundalini yoga student, to make clear the sacred relationship between Teacher and Student. EPS oversees the ethical conduct and integrity of our community, including Kundalini Yoga Teachers, KRI Teacher Trainers and Sikh Dharma Ministers.
Ten rights of a kundalini yoga student
As a student of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®, you have the right:
- To have a safe, clean and welcoming class environment.
- To be treated with kindness, respect and honesty.
- To be treated equally with other students, without discrimination.
- To freely choose where, and with whom, you study Kundalini Yoga.
- To receive the pure teachings of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan(r).
- To practice Kundalini Yoga and Meditation at your level of comfort, capacity and self-care while respecting the needs of others.
- To have a Student-Teacher relationship that is professional, respectful and graceful.
- To practice Kundalini Yoga free of personal, sexual, financial or political pressure from your Teacher.
- To respectfully ask questions or raise issues of concern or complaint, openly or anonymously, and receive honest answers and fair consideration without fear of ridicule or retaliation.
- To enjoy your Kundalini Yoga journey!
Printable versions of the 10 Rights are available in 21 languages for download from the EPS website: https://epsweb.org/10rights/
All KRI Certified Teachers of Kundalini Yoga have a Code of Excellence that we agree to when we begin to teach kundalini yoga and when we renew our association membership each year. For the most up to date version of this code, please see:
LINK to eps – code of excellence: https://epsweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Code-of-Excellence-2016-newest.pdf
If you are facing ethical or professional concerns within our teaching community, we have a clear complaint procedure. Please get in touch with: https://epsweb.org/ or with your National association.
EPS has now a European constituent: Amrit Singh from Germany. He can answer you in Spanish, German and English. firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: Hadas Tapouchi for Golden Healing Germany.