The Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) was created by Yogi Bhajan in 1972 to maintain the integrity of teachings, and ensure that they can be passed on to future generations.
KRI is a non-profit organisation that delivers the teachings of Yogi Bhajan through three major streams:
- Training students and teachers by certifying teacher trainings
- Conducting research on the concrete benefits of practising Kundalini Yoga
- Providing and publishing authentic material about Kundalini Yoga to students and teachers.
Its mission is to endorse and preserve the authenticity, integrity and accuracy of Yogi Bhajan’s teachings. When Yogi Bhajan started teaching he stated his mission very clearly: “I came to the west to create teachers, not to collect students”.
The responsibility of KRI is to entrust that the three levels of teacher training certification deliver the Kundalini Yoga teachings as taught by Yogi Bhajan in its utmost quality form.
It is the only official certifying body for Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
The three levels are:
- Level One: Instructor: Foundation
- Level Two: Practitioner: Transformation
- Level Three: Teacher: Realization
To know more about KRI please visit their home page kundaliniyogaresearchinstitute.org
Photo credit: Jaijot Kaur.