Teaching and application requirements
With our new website, we are also changing the process for applying to teach at the Festival. Please note the cut-off dates for Programme are much earlier now than they have been in the past: 30 March 2020. NB aanmelden zoals hieronder beschreven in het Engels!
First submit a teacher profile. All teachers with a profile will be invited each year to submit a class for the Festival.
- You must be a KRI certified teacher and a member of your National Kundalini Yoga Teachers’ Association (NKYTA) or IKYTA to be eligible to teach at the European Yoga Festival. If you are not currently a member, please contact your NKTYA to apply.
- Please submit only one class proposal. This includes proposals for co-taught classes.
- Proposals (in English) will be accepted until 30 March 2020. Proposals will not be accepted after this date.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation from our system, your application did not go through. Please re-submit if this happens.
- We expect to confirm the programme by 15 May 2020. You will receive an email to let you know if your class has been approved – classes that have not been approved will be waitlisted in case of cancellations.
Thank you for your interest in teaching at the European Yoga Festival. The wide variety of workshops offered each year form an integral part of the healing and transformational experience of the festival. The calibre of the teaching on offer makes the Festival what it is.
You are eligible to be considered as a teacher at the festival if the following points describe you:
- You are actively teaching a Kundalini Yoga class or a class related to your subject matter.
- You are a KRI certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher.
- You are a current member of your national Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association, or of IKYTA.
- You are in good standing with the Ethics and Professional Standards Committee.
- You have been teaching Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan for at least 5 years.
If you do not meet these initial requirements (as may be the case in some specialist topics), we will ask you to give us some more information about your teaching practice, background, style and will additionally ask for references.
If you are accepted onto the European Yoga Festival Teacher list, you will be invited each year to submit a class for consideration for the European Yoga Festival programme. Please note that an invitation to submit does not guarantee we will be able to include you in the programme. A variety of factors affect what classes /teachers we select for Programme – including class themes, number of applications received, and locations available.
This year, you will fill out the Teacher Profile and Class Submission at the same time.
Next year, we will send out Invitations to all those with a Teacher Profile to submit for a class in early January (ie, approx. 6 months before the Festival).
NEXT YEAR, ONLY THOSE WITH A TEACHER PROFILE WILL BE SENT AN INVITATION TO TEACH. YOU CAN FILL OUT THE TEACHER PROFILE AT ANY TIME, TO BECOME PART OF OUR INVITATION MAILING LIST.
The good news is: you only need to fill this form in once, please do in English! You will then be on our Teacher invite list, unless you ask to be removed, or unless you are no longer a member in good standing with your NKYTA/IKYTA or EPS.
If you have questions about this process, please contact our Programme Coordinator: email@example.com